- Give an appreciation of the risk management process to position HAZOP within that process.
- Provide an in-depth understanding and experience of the various HAZOP techniques and their correct application.
- Introduction and course objectives
- Basic introduction to the risk assessment process
- Different hazard identification techniques
- Hazard & Operability Study: Basic Concept & Methodology, Terminology
- The role of the chairman, secretary and the team members
- Risk ranking at the HAZOP study
- HAZOP process in detail including the follow-up and review process
- Detailed look at the HAZOP process
- Introduction to technique for procedural HAZOP
- Procedural HAZOP exercise including discussion of results
- HAZOP actions/recommendations and HAZOP reports
- Introduction to the HAZOP 2 technique
- Advantages and disadvantages of the HAZOP technique
- Pointers for effective HAZOPs
- Course review including question and answer session
Aimed at managers, designers, plant operators, safety specialists and all those concerned with the safe and efficient performance of potentially hazardous Plant and operations.